I am a professional web developer and designer with 20 years experience in higher education. I've built and managed the main websites for Ramapo College of New Jersey, Bergen Community College, Drew University, and Montclair State University.
I've transitioned in my professional career from pure front-end development (HTML and CSS) to custom PHP/MySQL applications married with purchased commercial CMS to a tailored WordPress multi-site installation.
I hold a BS in Computer Science from Ramapo College of New Jersey and, though my career has taken me down a decidedly web-oriented path, I still tinker in C/C++ on my own time.
Projects and Code
- N64 Dither Test App - A small application to test the different dither and blend modes of the Nintendo 64
- RetroEngine - A software-based graphics engine for 16-bit styled games
- Typing Academy - A simple typing tutor game geared toward children
- Simple CMS - The CMS that ran my site two iterations ago.
- Speed Tracer - A polygon-based raytracer capable of global illumination.
- Eos Raytracer - A later polygon-based raytracer that fixes glitches in the scene tree and compartmentalizes the raytracer from the renderer.
- Wordpress BPG Shortcode - A quick little WP plugin to implement a BPG polyfill.
- Finding Primes - An example of how to go about coding this pretty basic interview question.
- OpenGL ESv2 Hello World - An example of how to get basic OpenGL ES working on a Raspberry Pi. (Raspbian Stretch)
C/C++ is notorious for being a difficult language to work with but, since it's what I learned in high school it holds a special place in my heart. I really don't think that it's too hard for beginner programmers so I'm putting together some tutorials to show you how to code in C/C++.
- Lesson 0 - Setting Up
- Lesson 1 - Hello World
- Lesson 2 - Working With Numbers
- Lesson 3 - Arrays and Loops
- Lesson 4 - FizzBuzz
- Lesson 5 - Pointers and Input
- Lesson 6 - More Loops and Decisions
This is the spot where I'll put up some long-form things that would be annoying to read in twitter thread format when I have a bunch of free time on my hands to write stuff.
- An Existential Crisis on the Web - What are any of us doing here on the Web?
- Twitter's JPEG Compression - How bad is it?
- It's Time to Move Past JPEG - We've had better alternatives for a long time.
You can find me on Twitter and I occasionally post videos on YouTube. You can also reach me by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.